Your video/graphics card driver plays a very important role in the functioning of games and videos. Keeping it updated will avoid problems and improve the performance of your computer.
Here’s how to easily update your video/graphics card driver:
1. Go to START – RUN.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. A new window opens.
3. Double click on DISPLAY ADAPTERS
4. Right click on the display adapter mentioned – if there are multiple display adapters, right click the upper display adapter – and choose UPDATE DRIVER.
5. A new window opens: the Hardware Wizard. Follow the steps in the Hardware Wizard, choose all the automatically selected options.
The following message can appear: “Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard: The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed.” This means there are no available updates.
1. Go to START and click on the search bar underneath ALL PROGRAMS
2. Type devmgmt.msc and ENTER
3. A new window, the Device Manager, opens. You may have to click on CONTINUE first.
4. Double click on Display Adapters
5. Right click on the display adapter mentioned – if there are multiple display adapters, right click the upper display adapter – and choose UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE.
6. Click SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY FOR UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE.
7. In most cases Windows starts looking for updates immediately, in some cases you have to choose to look for updates ONLINE first. After this, Windows will start looking for updates.
8. If there are any updates, please install them.
The following message can appear: “The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.” This means there are no available updates.
And that’s it! Now you can play with no worries!