A deadly earthquake has destroyed centuries of Elven structures, and only the magic of Solitaire can restore the kingdom to its former glory. The Far Kingdoms – Sacred Grove Solitaire walkthrough will guide you through all the tips and tricks you need to become a master of Solitaire. Can you rebuild the kingdom?
If you’re new to Solitaire, or simply need a refresher, this portion of the guide is dedicated to teaching you the essentials in how to play.
- The goal of each level is to remove all the cards from the board using the cards provided to you in the deck below.
- The Foundation Card is the name of the card that appears face-up at the bottom of your screen. Click on a card in the field with a number that is one above, or one below this card. For example: If your foundation card is a 9, you may pick an 8 or a 10. If your foundation card is a 10, you can pick a 9 or a Jack. If your foundation card is an Ace, you can pick a King or a 2.
- Remember, card color and suit doesn’t matter – only number!
- Crystals are hidden beneath cards in the field. Clear all the cards to uncover additional crystals! You will also receive a crystal bonus per board completed.
- Click on the Hint button in the lower right corner to reveal the locations of crystals hidden beneath the cards. These locations will be briefly illuminated once the button has been selected.
- Click on the Deck at the bottom of your screen when you have no more cards left to play. For example: If you have a Queen at the top of your pile, but there are no Jacks or Kings on the board, click on the Deck to draw a new card.
- When you click on a card in the field which can be played, it will replace your current Foundation Card. For example: If your Foundation Card is a 10, and you click on a Jack in the field, the Jack you clicked on will become your new Foundation Card. Now you need to find a 10 or a Queen as your next card. Try to select cards based on how many possibilities are open. The more, the better! Tip: A good basic strategy to use here is “Up and Down”. Don’t hesitate to repeat card sequences: the goal is to remove as many cards from the board as possible!
- Playing five consecutive cards will trigger a Combo. Combos increase your multiplier bonus, which multiplies the number of crystals you earn at the end of a round. Once you can no longer play any more cards, click “End Combo” to select the next card in the deck. Tip!: Try using a Wild Card to prolong the duration of a combo!
- Removing cards from the field will reveal the cards turned face-down beneath them. Usually these cards are additional deck cards, but sometimes you will find Wild Cards. A Wild Card is an extra card you may find which can be used to replace the Foundation Card. Wild Cards are stored in a special area to the right of your current Foundation Card and Deck. Each Wild Card will have a number or letter on it indicating which card it will replace. For example: If you have a Wild Card with a K on it, it means it can act as a King. Regardless of your current Foundation Card, if you select the Wild Card with the K on it, the Wild Card with the K will become your new Foundation Card, a King. Now you will need to find a Queen or an Ace.
- If you make a mistake, don’t worry! There is a small purple Undo button to the right of your Deck and Foundation Card. Click on this to correct a mistake. You get one free mistake correction per round.
- If you didn’t earn enough crystals in a round to Rebuild a structure, don’t worry. You can still work toward the goal by clicking on the “Continue” button. Crystals you earn and progress is saved and shown at the top of your screen. Once you’ve gathered enough crystals to complete the goal, you will automatically get the option to return to the Map.
Now that you understand the basics of the game, it’s time to understand the functionality of the map and help rebuild the Elven Kingdom!
- The Map represents the entirety of the Elven Kingdom. After the earthquake, the entire kingdom was destroyed. You will need to collect Crystals in order to restore the kingdom to its former glory!
- Select the silhouette or contour of a building at the bottom of the Map screen in order to view the requirements needed to rebuild it. Each building has a specific number of Crystals needed in order to restore it, and will offer you a special bonus once rebuilt. Click “Rebuild” to start!
- If you don’t have enough Crystals to restore the building, simply click the Play button to earn more!
- Additional requirements may sometimes come into play once the number of Crystals needed to restore a building has been acquired. For example: Once you gather enough Crystals to rebuild the Armory, you will discover that the plans needed to do so have been torn into pieces. You may need to complete an additional task, such as completing a puzzle, in order to restore the plans and move on to the next boards or buildings.
You will only be able to restore some buildings in a certain order. Building silhouettes with a lock and chain over them will require you to rebuild other structures first, before you can focus on restoring them. Restore them all to rebuild the kingdom!
In addition to the Map, there’s one more special area you can access called the Grove. Click on the Menu button and select the “Grove” button to view it. As you play through the game, you may find Magic Sparks. There are 10 of them hidden throughout the game on various boards. They look like blue diamond-shaped crystals, and are hidden beneath cards. Each time you recover a Magic Spark, it will automatically go to the Grove. As you find more and more Magic Sparks, the Sacred Tree will recover and regain some of its life. Collect them all to restore the tree to its former glory!
Relics are special items hidden within some of the Far Kingdom structures. They will allow you to use special bonuses or abilities when playing on the Solitaire boards. When assembling Relics, pieces of the Relic you are assembling will be hidden in each game board. Collect all the pieces to add it to your collection! Once added, you will be able to select the Relic above your deck in any board you play to gain its special powers! The following is a list of Relics you may find while playing the game:
- Sword of Glory – Use this to remove any face-up card on the board. Select the Sword of Glory, then select the face-up card you would like to remove. You may use this relic a maximum of twice per round.
- Hammer of Destiny – Use this to randomly open two face-down cards. You may only use this relic once per round.
- Wheel of Time – Use this to gain one more Undo per round. Once activated, you will be allowed to click the Undo button up to two times per round.
- Book of Knowledge – Use this to see the top card in the deck. Once used, hover your mouse cursor over the top card in the deck to reveal it. This relic will remain active for the entirety of the round.
- Golden Fish – The Golden Fish will set the initial score multiplier to 1.2x. This medallion will provide this function automatically in every round, and does not need to be selected.
- Apparatus – Use this to reveal the locations of the Hidden Crystals. You can only use this item once per round.
- Ring of Changes – Use this to shuffle all the cards in the deck. This item can only be used once per round.
You can view any Relics you’ve collected at any time by selecting the “Relics” button in the upper left corner of the Map screen. Collect them all!
Tips & Tricks
So you’ve got the hang of the basics. But what about additional tips and tricks? This section of our The Far Kingdoms – Sacred Grove Solitaire walkthrough covers some of the lesser-known features of the game.
- Change the look of your Solitaire cards at any time via the Options menu! You can choose between four styles of card face and three styles of card back. Which style will you play with?
Do you like the background of the level or board you’re currently playing? Here’s a tip: Click on the telescope in the upper right corner to view the artwork without the game’s interface. You can even choose to set the artwork shown as the current wallpaper on your computer.
- Use Wild Cards to prolong combos and gain additional points!
- Try to avoid using Wild Cards if your current Foundation Card can still be matched to cards out on the playing field.
- Have you lost track of your current objective? Click on the “Goals” button in the upper left corner of your screen to view what you need to do in order to achieve your goal!
- Don’t worry if you fail a level, it’s not the end of the world! Failed levels will still reward you with bonus crystals depending on how well you did.
Congratulations, you’ve completed our The Far Kingdoms – Sacred Grove Solitaire Walkthrough! Be sure to check out more great walkthroughs on our blog!
- Delicious – Emily’s Hopes and Fears Walkthrough
- Big City Adventure – Shanghai Walkthrough
- Building the Great Wall of China 2 Walkthrough
Our The Far Kingdoms – Sacred Grove Solitaire Walkthrough is meant as a guide and does not contain cheats, hacks, or serials.