It’s time to put your brain to the test and take on the haunted world of Ghost Cleaner! Utilize physics and arcade puzzle strategy to figure out how to release ghosts trapped in purple capsules. With 100 unique levels, a few tips and tricks could help guide you on your way. Our Ghost Cleaner walkthrough will guide you through all the tips and tricks you need to put the ghouls to rest.
Welcome to the Ghost Cleaner walkthrough! Whether you’re playing the game for the first time, or simply looking for a few tips and tricks to help you on your way, this guide covers all the essentials a ghost hunter needs.
- Your Mission is simple – destroy all the purple bricks! Each purple brick (or orb on some levels) contains a ghost inside. Unleash them all to complete the level.
- There are three colors of brick you will encounter:
- Purple – These contain ghosts. You will need to clear all of these to complete a level.
- Blue – These are standard bricks. They will improve your score, but aren’t required to complete a level.
- Grey – These bricks are indestructible.
- You have a limited number of shots for each level. A number indicator on the left of your screen will indicate how many shots you have left.
- Aim and click your mouse button to shoot. A white line or arc extending from the ghost cleaner will help you map out your shot’s trajectory. The further the target is from the gun, the stronger the shot is. This means you need to adjust the distance and direction of your shot in order to able to lob the ammo ball far enough to reach the bricks better.
- On the left you will see a ghost icon with a number above its head. This indicates how many purple bricks/tiles/orbs you have left to hit to complete the level.
- By freeing ghosts in each level, you’ll be able to save up credits to purchase special types of ammo. The ammo store is located in the upper right corner of the Level Select screen. You can select your ammo types by clicking on the icons on the bottom left or by using the arrow keys.
Your score per level is divided into stars. The minimum score with which you can pass a level is 1 star. The maximum score with which you can pass a level is 3 stars. In order to obtain these scores:
- 1 Star – Complete the level by clearing all of the purple bricks with the number of shots given.
- 2 Stars – Complete the level by clearing all of the purple bricks without using any special bought ammo.
- 3 Stars – Complete the level by clearing all of the purple and blue bricks with the number of shots given.
Levels with a 3-star rating will appear yellow in the Level Select screen.
Mopping up ghosts is all good and well, especially when you can purchase new types of ammo with ghosts captured! There are six advanced types of ammunition which you can purchase when you’ve captured enough ghosts.
- X-Ray Ammo – Cost: 50 Ghosts – All blue blocks and orbs will turn invisible! This ammo is ideal for shooting right through all obstructions and straight into purple ghost orbs. This ammo type is only affected by grey blocks, which cannot be shot through.
- Rocket Ammo – Cost: 35 Ghosts – Shoot off this ammo to have it rocket-propelled along a straight trajectory, and it won’t stop there! Rocket-propelled ammo will continue on its path until the burners run out, at which point it will drop and act as normal ammo would. Perfect for reaching that far hard-to-reach ghost block!
- Double Size Ammo – Cost: 35 Ghosts – This particular ammo type has a glowing aura which doubles its effective range! It’s like having ammo twice the size. More orbs and blocks will be affected within range of this ammo. Ideal for cleaning out tight spaces!
- Multiplier Ammo – Cost: 25 Ghosts – Three orbs are better than one! The moment this ammunition hits, it will multiply! Each ammo orb is affected by normal physics. The ultimate three-in-one shot, this one’s ideal for clearing out large areas.
- Bomb Ammo – Cost: 35 Ghosts – Go in with a bang! Bomb ammo explodes on impact, leaving behind a large cloud. All orbs and blocks within this cloud will be cleared, and the ammo will finish out its life as a normal orb after the explosion. Tip: Try using this ammo type when faced with a ghost orb that’s on the other side of a difficult-to-reach spot! Area of effect is key!
- Unstoppable Ammo – Cost: 100 Ghosts – This powerful ammo orb can shoot through nearly anything. Shoot straight through blue and purple blocks and orbs as you like – as many as you like! Line up your shot – the more the merrier. The only thing that can stop this ammunition are grey orbs or blocks, which it will harmlessly bounce off.
- A freezer, or multiple freezers may appear at the bottom of the screen in some levels. If your shot lands in the freezer, you will get it back for free! Freezers will close up for a short while after a shot has landed inside, so plan your shots carefully to utilize this free ammo pass!
- While the ultimate goal of each level is to destroy all the purple bricks or tiles, you don’t necessarily have to hit them to destroy them! The best alternate way to approach it is not to simply hit all the purple bricks, but to get them to the bottom of the screen. If a purple tile falls past the bottom of the screen, it will automatically be count as “hit”. Use this alternate strategy to finish some levels in a more timely or efficient manner!
- Speaking of alternate strategies, some levels will contain “strings” of orbs which are anchored to a given point. Rather than try and aim through all the orbs to try and hit the purple ones, try eliminating the string as a whole by aiming for the orbs which anchor the strings! An example of one of these is shown in the screenshot below.
- Ghost Cleaner is ultimately a physics game, so use physics to your advantage! On levels which have loose rods or clusters of bricks, try using the force of your shots to knock them off their platforms and into the pit below. Remember: if it reaches the bottom of the screen, it counts as a hit!
- When lining up shots, take your time and try to determine the flow or shape of the level. For example, here’s a tip: try following the curve of arcs or circles when lining up your shots, so you can hit as many bricks as possible. Done correctly, you may even be able to complete a level with a single shot!
- If you’re feeling stuck, don’t forget to try purchasing ammo from the Level Select screen! The Ammunition section above outlines all the ammo types, as well as which types are best used in which situations. Remember though that special ammo is disposable. If you fail a level and have to replay, you will not get your ammo back, so use it wisely!
Congratulations, you’ve completed our Ghost Cleaner Walkthrough! Be sure to check out more great walkthroughs on our blog!
- Delicious – Emily’s Hopes and Fears Walkthrough
- Big City Adventure – Shanghai Walkthrough
- Building the Great Wall of China 2 Walkthrough
Our Ghost Cleaner Walkthrough is meant as a guide and does not contain cheats, hacks, or serials.