In this classic Vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 hidden object game, the player’s job is to help the newly prompted Senior Park Ranger get to know the Pine Creek Hills National Park by visiting multiple Locations inside the Pine Creek Hills National Park.
It is the first day on the job for the Senior Park Ranger following a job promotion at the Pine Creek Hills National Park. As part of the Senior Park Ranger’s new job orientation, she will visit every area of the Pine Creek Hills National Park. As she visits the locations in the Pine Creek Hills National Park visitors and guests run into problems. The Senior Park Ranger and her team will help the visitors. In the process the Senior Park Ranger gets to know the animal wildlife that call the Pine Creek Hills National Park their home or full time habitat. As scenes and levels are cleared the Senior Park Ranger is trained on what to do and how the work in the Pine Creek Hills National Park gets accomplished. Part of the job is to keep things running smoothly, direct other Park rangers, and keep the National Park clean.
- Vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 Walkthrough
- Section One: Main Menu
- Section Two: General Gameplay Rules and Instructions
- Complete the Hidden Object Game
- Find Wildlife Animals in Silhouette Outline
- Recycle Garbage and Other Debris
- Section Three: Advanced Gameplay Rules and Instructions
- Getting to Gold Star Level
- Solve All Mini Games
- Shop ‘Til You Drop
- Earn Park Badges and Collect Achievements
Part of the job is to keep things running smoothly, direct other Park rangers, and keep the National Park clean. With the map of the Pine Creek Hills National Park, that the player helps the Senior Park Ranger assemble, the player sets out to complete the following tasks by performing the following actions:
- Step 1: Solve the hidden object games contained in each of the game’s Locations.
- Step 2: Find and learn about the wildlife animals that live in the Pine Creek Hills National Park in the Silhouette Outline. Keep a record of your observations in the Wildlife Journal.
- Step 3: You are environmentally conscious. Keep the Pine Creek Hills Nationals Park free of debris by collecting trash and placing them in Recycle bins.
- Step 4: Solve all of the mini games. Easy, you will be asked to complete board games, card games, and word search puzzles for extra points.
- Step 5: As Locations are cleared accumulate Park Badges and Achievements.
- Step 6: Shop for Souvenirs in the Pine Creek Hills National Park Souvenir Shop with all of those coins you earn to remember your vacation adventure for years to come.
The vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 Walkthrough Gameplay Guide is a reference guide explaining the story and tasks to accomplish to help clear the levels. Divided into three parts, the first section examines the customizations available to the player to create an optimal playing environment. The second section discusses general gameplay rules and instructions. The third section explores advanced gameplay rules and instructions paying close attention to strategies, tips and hints, and cheats, available to the player to clear the Locations and accumulate the maximum amount of points and Star Ratings. The last section is a recap or summary of the vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 game.
For your convenience, the various sections of the vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 Gameplay Guide can be accessed by scrolling or selecting the link listed below to jump to the part of the vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 Gameplay Guide the player wishes to access.
Vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 Walkthrough
Section One: Main Menu
When the game is first launched, the only information requested is for the player to enter a Screen Name. Once a Screen Name is entered, gameplay action begins right away. Additional players can be added or subtracted. Before you start play however, spend some time choosing the gameplay settings.
There are two modes of play: Casual and Challenge. In Casual Gameplay Mode a tutorial is provided during gameplay. Moves or action are recommended. The Hints button recharges faster and the player is able to skip the mini games after waiting two minutes. In Challenge Gameplay Mode there is no tutorial. The Hints button recharges slower and the player has to wait longer to Skip the mini games.
The video display is adequate. The items the player is asked to locate and find are true to size. The only video customization available is to make the game full screen size. Sound and music volume are controlled by the user. An option to mute all sound and music is included. The player can also customize the cursor to help her move within the scene better. Lastly, game credits can also be accessed through the Options menu.
The Park Ranger visits all areas of the Pine Creek Hills National Park. There are 8 Locations to visit and clear. They are the Visitor’s Village, Log Cabins, Campgrounds for Tents and Recreational Vehicles (RVs), the General Store, Mounted Range Stables, Arrowhead Arch, Apache Trail and Cherokee Rapids. The General Gameplay Rules and Instructions examined below apply to play in all of these locations.
Section Two: General Gameplay Rules and Instructions
vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 is a classic hidden object game. There are no special scenes to clear or any quest or Adventures to follow. The pace is casual and relaxed. The items the player is searching for are true to size. So finding the items may be challenging. Hint: Think about the item, its size in real life, and then search for it.
Instead of clearing levels, in vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 the player clears Locations. The Locations to clear are the Visitor’s Village, Log Cabins, Campgrounds for Tents and Recreational Vehicles (RVs), the General Store, Mounted Range Stables, Arrowhead Arch, Apache Trail, and Cherokee Rapids. The Location is clear when the player accomplishes three tasks: (1) complete the hidden object game; (2) find the items in silhouette; and (2) recycle trash or debris.
Complete the Hidden Object Game
The hidden object game in vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 can be characterized as a classic hidden object game. This means that the player is provided with a list of items to find. Once located, the item is selected, then the item disappears from the scene and is crossed off the list automatically. The objective is to Clear items on list provided at the bottom center section of the gameplay scene. Each hidden object puzzle in vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 contains 12 items to find.
Tips and Tricks
- At the beginning of each location, the tasks to accomplish at the location are listed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- The text of the items on the list can be one of three colors: Black, Blue, and Red.
- Items listed in Black Text are simply eliminated from gameplay and the list as they are found and selected.
- Items listed in Blue Text mean that to clear the item from the list an action must be performed. For example the list reads “Fix the Car.” The items will not be eliminated from gameplay and the list until the action is complete. Returning to the example then, a lose tire is placed on the car with the missing tire and then the item is eliminated from gameplay and the list.
- Items listed in Red Text are hidden behind other items. To eliminate the item from gameplay and the list, the player must use the mouse or pointing device to rummage through the scene until the item is located. For example, to access the chainsaw, open the cabin door. HINT: When entering a location, some area of the gameplay will contain sparkles. This is where you need to rummage to access the item listed in red.
Find Wildlife Animals in Silhouette Outline
The second task to complete in the Location is to find the item in the Silhouette Outline. Each Location contains between 3 and 4 items in Silhouette Outline to find. All of the items in Silhouette Outline are wildlife animals that live in the Park. Once the wildlife animals are found they are added to the Wildlife Journal. Access the Wildlife Journal by clicking on the button on the bottom left side of the gameplay screen.
Tips and Tricks
The items in silhouette outline appear one by one. Once one item is found, the next one is revealed, until all the items are revealed. The player does not learn of the number of items in silhouette outline contained in the Location until the level is over.
Recycle Garbage and Other Debris
The Senior Park Ranger is an environmentally conscious individual. Keeping the Park clean of garbage and debris is both a job requirement and personal philosophy. Pickup and Dispose of Garbage. All trash found in a Location must be cleared. Simply select the item and a Recycle symbol will appear. The player earns extra points when trash is collected. Trash can include cans, water bottles, and other forms of trash or debris.
Tips and Tricks
- At the end of the level, the player is provided with a summary of the level’s accomplishments. This is the only area where the player learns how many Recycle items are contained in the scene.
- HINT: Some of the empty water bottles are crushed – so when looking for debris look for empty water bottles AND crushed water bottles.
The Location is clear when the player completes all three tasks in their entirety. The hidden object game is solved, all the items in Silhouette Outline are found, and all of the items to Recycle are found. Maximum points are earned and awarded to player who completes all three tasks and the player obtains a Gold Star. If only the hidden object game is solved and the items in Silhouette Outline are found OR all of the items to Recycle are found, the player earns less points and a silver star. Lastly, the least amount of points are awarded when only the hidden object puzzle is solved. The player earns a Bronze Star. Once unlocked the player can return to any Location and replay it until she masters it and finds all items.
Section Three: Advanced Gameplay Rules and Instructions
So far, the general gameplay rules and instructions have been reviewed. Following those rules helps the player clear all Locations. To recap, the general gameplay rules and instructions are to (1) complete the hidden object puzzle; (2) find all wildlife animals in the Silhouette Outline; and (3) find all items in the Location to Recycle. Next, the player should consider her ability to earn additional points. Additional points permit the player to access other parts of the game, like the Store to collect Souvenirs.
Getting to Gold Star Level
To maximize points, each Location should be cleared at the Gold Star level. To get to the Gold Star level, keep the following in mind:
Hint, Mega Hints, and Eagle Eye
There are times during gameplay where the player may get stuck. Usually, the player is unable to complete the hidden object puzzle because she is unable to find an item. If that happens to you during gameplay, you can select the Hint or Mega Hints buttons.
- The Hint button shows the player the location of one item on the hidden object puzzle list. The Hint button cannot be used to find wildlife animals in Silhouette Outline or items to Recycle. The Hint button constantly recharges and quickly in Casual Game Mode.
- The Mega Hints button shows the player up to 6 items on the hidden object list to find. Like the Hint button, it cannot be used to find wildlife animals in Silhouette Outline or items to Recycle. It too regenerates quickly and can be used an unlimited number of times during the Location gameplay.
- Players receive Bonus Coins and a better Star Rating when they find all items to Recycle and all wildlife animals in Silhouette Outline during gameplay in the Location. In short,
- Find all items to Recycle to obtain Bonus Coins and get a better Star Rating.
- Find the wildlife animals in Silhouette Outline for Bonus Coins and a better Star Rating.
- The objective here is to clear a Location by earning the maximum amount of points. Using the Hint and Mega Hints button takes away points – the player can still receive a Gold Star but she accumulates less points. The super challenge is to complete the Location without using any Hints.
- The player earns an Eagle Eye bonus at the end of a Location if she clears the level without using any Hints.
Solve All Mini Games
In between clearing Location gameplay, the player solves mini games. The mini games are board puzzles, word search games, memory games, or spot the differences puzzles. Successfully completing the puzzles awards the player Bonus Points. No Star Rating is awarded for the completion of the mini game. In either Casual or Challenge gameplay mode the player is given the opportunity to skip the mini game after waiting a certain amount of minutes.
For example in one of the first mini games of vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 the player rotates pieces of a puzzle to form the image of a map of the United States with all of the National Parks on it. The Skip button is located on the bottom right hand of the puzzle with the timer which indicates how much time the player must wait before the mini game can be skipped. In Casual gameplay mode it is 2 minutes.
The master mini game however involves assembling the National Park Map. Here the puzzle pieces are placed on the map. This is the schematic of the all of the Locations to visit during gameplay.
The matching playing cards game mimics the rules of memory. Turn over hidden cards to reveal image, look for match, and then pair. The puzzle is solved when all of the cards are paired.
Word Search Puzzle
The word search puzzles are related to the running of the Pine Creek Hills National Park. In one of the first word search puzzles, the words to find are the names of the Pine Creek Hills National Park employees.
The puzzles are easy to solve. No tips are provided. If stuck, the best way to complete mini-game is to skip it. No points are awarded if the mini game is skipped.
Shop ‘Til You Drop
During general and advance game play, the player is accumulating points. What to do, what to do with all those accumulated points. The points are needed to shop. Visit the Pine Creek Hills National Park Store’s Souvenir Shop and purchase Souvenirs. Examples of the Souvenirs available for purchase with the coins include Pine Creek Hills Mug, Lachina Dolls, Pine Creek Hills Key Rings, and a Pine Creek Hills National Park map for a total of 16 items.
The Shopping Basket button opens the Souvenir Shop where you can buy Souvenirs.
Next to the Shopping Basket is the Souvenir Display case. As the player buys items in the Pine Creek Hills National Park’s Store, they are displayed here.
Earn Park Badges and Collect Achievements
Track your progress during gameplay by earning Park Badges and Collecting Achievements. Near the right lower hand side of the game board layout is an image of a bald eagle. The Bald Eagle button allows the player to track her progress throughout the game. When the player reaches a goal or game milestone a Park Badge is earned. The Park Badge is placed on the Achievements board. There are 20 Park Badges.
The Bald Eagle button opens up an Accomplishments display where all the Park Badges earned so far are displayed.
To summarize, vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 is a hidden object game which also contains puzzles or mini games. The hidden object game is a list type – where items are found in a Location. Some items are actions that must be performed to clear the Location. Each Location contains between 3 or 4 wildlife animals to find and recyclable items to dispose of. In between the hidden object game mini games in the form of puzzles are played. At the end of each Location points are scored. The player can replay the level to maximize earned points and star ratings. All puzzles and mini games can be skipped after a period of time passes. The theme is simple to follow; it’s the first day on the job for the Senior Park Ranger. As the Senior Park Ranger is trained for her new position she helps the Pine Creek Hills National Park visitors solve problems, keep the Park grounds clean of debris, and learns about the wildlife animals that live in the Pine Creek Hills National Park.
- To finish Location find all items contained in the hidden object puzzle list.
- If you get stuck, use Hint or Mega Hints button to clear the Location.
- Earn maximum points by obtaining an Eagle Eye Bonus at end of Location gameplay, because the hidden object puzzle was cleared without using any hints.
- Find items to Recycle and Wildlife Animals to earn Bonus Points and better Star Ratings
- Earn Park Badges and collect Achievements.
- Shop in the Pine Creek Hills National Park Store for Souvenirs to remember exploring the Pine Creek Hills National Park while on vacation.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Keep replaying levels until maximum points and star ratings are earned.
Congratulations! You’ve completed our Vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 Walkthrough!
For more great tips and tricks, visit our blog!
The Vacation Adventures – Park Ranger 3 Walkthrough is meant as a guide and does not contain cheats, hacks, or serials.