Welcome to the Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Gold Bug QuickStart Guide! Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Gold Bug is a Hidden Object game in which you must collect items and explore locations in order to progress. Based directly off the classic tale by Poe himself, join fellow sleuth Dupin on a trip to the seashore in search of long lost treasure. However, you aren’t the only ones in search of buried gold..! This game is a Platinum Edition title, as and such, includes an integrated walkthrough. The Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Gold Bug walkthrough can be accessed by clicking on the “Strategy Guide” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
How to Play
Are you new to hidden object titles? Have you simply forgotten some of the basics? Don’t worry! Here are a handful of helpful pointers to guide you in the right direction:
- All items you collect throughout your adventure will be added to your Inventory. Your inventory is located at the bottom of your screen. When you want to use and item, select the item you’d like to use from your inventory, then click on the location where you’d like to use it.
- When your cursor turns into a directional arrow, it means you can click to access a new area. Navigate by clicking when arrows appear to move between screens and locations.
- Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Gold Bug is a Hidden Object game, and as such, you will encounter Hidden Object Scenes! In these locations, a list of items you need to find will be displayed at the bottom of your screen. Locate all the items in this location in order to progress. Upon locating all the items successfully, a Key Item will be added to your Inventory!
- Key Items are items which are necessary in order for you to progress in the game. These items are stored in your inventory, and will automatically be removed once they have been used correctly.
- Feeling stuck? There’s a Hint button located in the bottom right corner of your screen. Hints tend to be unlimited, but often require time to recharge. Unable to solve a puzzle? The Hint button will become a Skip button during puzzles, but often requires time to charge up before use.
Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe Series by Moby Games
The Dark Tales series showcases numerous classic haunting tales by Edgar Allan Poe. Whether you’re a Poe enthusiast, or simply find yourself enjoying The Gold Bug, there’s more game titles where that came from!
Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder in the Rue Morgue takes you firsthand through a tale of death and discovery. Assume the role of lead detective and uncover the clues leading to the killer in this Hidden Object title.
Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Black Cat sends you on a journey with Inspector Dupin as you discover a mystery of the macabre. The ghost of Madame Davies surfaces in place of her missing body, accompanied by a strange black cat. Can you uncover the clues necessary to solve this classic Hidden Object tale?
What is a QuickStart Guide?
Our QuickStart Guides are intended to provide you with all the essential information you need to access pre-existing walkthroughs. Many of our Platinum Edition games contain integrated strategy guides to help you when you’re feeling stuck, without having to exit the game. For more information on how to access Dark Tales – Edgar Allan Poe’s The Gold Bug’s integrated walkthrough, scroll up to the top of this page.