The rising of the bloody moon is almost upon us, and it’s up to you to help the witches. Recover the Stone of the Dead from Lucifer and challenge his eight subordinates to haunted games of Match 3, before it’s too late! In need of a guide for your journey? Our Save Halloween: City of Witches walkthrough will provide you with the tips and tricks you need to confront eight demons of the night.
Here you will find a collection of basic tips and information to help you familiarize yourself with Save Halloween: City of Witches.
- When starting the game for the first time, you will be able to choose between two difficulties: Timed, and Relaxed. The Timed mode is standard, while the Relaxed mode features no timer.
- You can change the difficulty at any point by simply ticking Timed on or off in the Map.
- All items you’ve unlocked can be viewed in “Your Home”. Enter this area to unlock and purchase upgrades.
- Select a pumpkin lining the path on the Map to select the level you’d like to play.
Our Save Halloween: City of Witches walkthrough will guide you through the basic mechanics of how to play and how various features work.
- Swap pieces to match rows of 3 or more. Click on a piece to select it, then click on the piece you would like to swap it with; you can also drag a piece instead of clicking. Pieces can only be moved if there’s a match of 3 or more to be made. Once a match of three or more has been made, those pieces will be removed from the board. Pieces must be swapped with adjacent pieces and cannot be moved diagonally.
- Some levels feature colored tiles. In order to collect and/or clear these, you will need to make matches of three or more over them. Destroy all the colored tiles to pass a level.
- Match items over tiles to collect them. Tiles come in both gold and silver variants.
- Match items or use bonuses around cells with stone or wooden boxes over them in order to clear the field. Some of these blocks may require you to do this multiple times. If you’re not certain, click on the tile to check.
- Levels which contain golden skulls will require you to move the skull to the bottom of the board to collect it. Do this by making matches which drop the skull closer to the bottom.
- Spider webs will appear over pieces in some levels. To remove a spider web, match a set of three or more pieces next to it. You can also clear spider webs by using bonus items to blow them up.
- Spirits and spiders are capable of blocking cells, as well as multiplying. Match pieces or use bonuses next to them to clear them off the board.
- Keyholes will appear on some levels. Match pieces next to them or use bonuses to blow them up in order to unlock a hidden part of the playing field.
- Bonuses can be earned and unlocked by completing levels. Charge bonuses by making matches with pieces which show a spark effect over them.
- Using a bonus will reduce the bonus meter’s charge. Charge the meter by making matches.
- Hidden object scenes will appear now and then between levels. Find the items listed at the bottom of the screen in order to progress. If you need a hint, simply click on the Hint button located in the lower left corner of the screen. Hints are unlimited, but require time to recharge.
- Tasks are unique per level and are shown on the left side of your screen. Your progress will be updated as you play. You will need to complete all of a level’s tasks in order to progress to the next level.
- Your Home, selectable in the lower right corner of the Map, allows you to view various items you’ve unlocked. From here, you can also purchase upgrades.
- You will encounter various bosses as you progress. Each boss presents a unique challenge. However, the goal remains the same for all: drop the items needed to fight them to the bottom of the board. Do this successfully three times to defeat them.
The following is a collection of tips and tricks to help guide you through the finer points of Save Halloween: City of Witches:
- There are three types of bonuses available during the game, divided into three levels. Level 1 bonuses require a match of 4 items. Level 2 bonuses require a match of 5 items. Level 3 bonuses require an L, T, or + formation match. Icons of these various bonuses and their associated levels can be seen here:
- In addition to the bonuses shared above, there are also six special types of bonuses which can be unlocked in the “Your Home” area, and activated by clicking them at the bottom of the screen once fully charged. They are:
- Hammer- destroys any piece or obstacle
- Broom- destroys webs
- Shuffle- shuffles pieces on the board to new locations
- Collector- collects all the chips of a selected type on the board (Note: does not apply to pieces covered with a web or obstructed in some way)
- Candy- adds random bonuses to the board
- Dracula- bats destroy obstacles on the board
- Perform 10 back-to-back match 3’s in a row to trigger Combo Mode. Combo mode features three levels:
-Combo Mode I- Silver crosses will be created for each match on the game board
-Combo Mode II- Gold crosses will be created for each match on the game board
-Combo Mode III- Holy water will be created for each match on the game board
- Gold is earned by matching pieces, and is displayed in a chest on a lower left. Use gold to purchase upgrades and items for Your Home.
- Items you’ve earned or unlocked will be shown in an icon at the bottom of your screen at Your Home. You will need to formally buy them before they can be used, however. If you have more than five items unlocked, but have at least five unpurchased upgrades, you will not be able to view the newest ones until the previous ones have been bought and unlocked.
- If you’re not sure what an item does, simply hover your cursor over it to display an item description.
- Most items bought from the Your Home screen will provide you with extra in-game bonuses to be used on Match 3 boards. You can preview the effects of these items before making a purchase.
- To use a bonus item on the board, simply double click it or move it one space over to trigger the effects.
- Click on gold coins that appear over the cells to collect them right away.
Congratulations, you’ve completed the Save Halloween: City of Witches Walkthrough! Be sure to check our blog for more great tips and tricks!
The Save Halloween: City of Witches walkthrough is meant to guide you through the game’s basics, and does not include serials, hacks, or cheats.