Welcome to Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White forum

Welcome to Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White forum. This is your place to discuss the game, share tips and tricks, and connect with other players.Have fun and keep playing!

Posted on Wed Nov 03 00:32:01 UTC 2010

MariB

4 posts
From Spain
Someone know how to stop garden waterfall
Please!

Posted on Wed Nov 03 11:32:03 UTC 2010

Shreeves

18 posts
Help! Why won't the game download?????

Posted on Thu Nov 04 05:16:06 UTC 2010

Shreeves wrote: Help! Why won't the game download?????

JFTR, I have the same question and would appreciate an answer.

Posted on Thu Nov 04 06:36:35 UTC 2010

I am also receiving the message tha "sorry" the page has moved - I was told by tech support this sometimes happens when GH releases games for MAC first, but usually the next day or so the game is available for PC. I still cannot get this game. I wonder why it's on the list of available PC games if it is not in fact available.

Is it me or have there been a lot more game issues since the summer? I've been a FunPass member for quite a few months and everything had been great; now it seems one in every three or four hidden object games has a problem of some sort.

Posted on Sat Nov 06 05:42:17 UTC 2010

MariB

4 posts
gamemom116 wrote: I am also receiving the message tha "sorry" the page has moved - I was told by tech support this sometimes happens when GH releases games for MAC first, but usually the next day or so the game is available for PC. I still cannot get this game. I wonder why it's on the list of available PC games if it is not in fact available.

Is it me or have there been a lot more game issues since the summer? I've been a FunPass member for quite a few months and everything had been great; now it seems one in every three or four hidden object games has a problem of some sort.

Posted on Mon Nov 08 03:08:33 UTC 2010

MariB

4 posts
It is true what you say, gamemom116, since it's summer, most games are a problem. I thought they were just the Mac, which are the ones I use, but I see the PC also happens.

Posted on Mon Nov 08 03:10:12 UTC 2010

MariB wrote:
gamemom116 wrote: I am also receiving the message tha "sorry" the page has moved - I was told by tech support this sometimes happens when GH releases games for MAC first, but usually the next day or so the game is available for PC. I still cannot get this game. I wonder why it's on the list of available PC games if it is not in fact available.

Today is the 11th and I still cannot download this game! Could we please get some feedback from gamehouse about what is going on. If we cannot download the game, at least take it off the list.

Posted on Thu Nov 11 18:48:13 UTC 2010

It is now November 13 and I still can not down load this game does anyone from gamehouse have an answer to this problem I have been a member long before you joined with real arcade Does anyone from GameHouse check these postings still waiting for help
NHCaregiver

Posted on Sat Nov 13 07:48:41 UTC 2010

sameyers

28 posts
farfromthefar wrote:
MariB wrote:

Today is the 11th and I still cannot download this game! Could we please get some feedback from gamehouse about what is going on. If we cannot download the game, at least take it off the list.

I agree. Sounds like a game I'd love to play, but if we're not going to be able to, then please take it off the list.

Posted on Sat Nov 13 21:04:53 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments and questions. We understand your frustration and we regret any confusion over release dates.

Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White for Mac was released at GameHouse on November 3rd. The PC version of the game will be released at a future date. I don't yet have the exact date but I'll see what I can learn and will post an update here when I have more information.

Meanwhile we appreciate your patience in awaiting the PC version. And thanks for playing at GameHouse.

Bill

Posted on Tue Nov 16 11:51:38 UTC 2010

Having trouble mixing the paint in the art studio....any suggestions on how to get it to mix?

Posted on Sat Nov 20 19:46:31 UTC 2010

Game downloaded easily and I began playing. I am stopped at The Study. All previous rooms have been finished, but I am one key and one stack of coins short ... with no way to find them.
Skipping the task in The Study does not work. I seem doomed to spend the rest of my life in The Study. Any ideas how to get out of here ... how to find the missing inventory??

Posted on Wed Dec 01 09:02:06 UTC 2010

Maggie Moo ... see response below.

Posted on Wed Dec 01 09:30:05 UTC 2010

MaggieMoo wrote: Having trouble mixing the paint in the art studio....any suggestions on how to get it to mix?

You need a raw paint color, like ochre, and an egg for each paint. Put the paint color and an egg into the bowl, pick up the pestle (the grey rocklike object) and put it into the bowl. They mix and form paint. To get the paint into the pain jars, pick up an empty jar and also put it in the bowl ... the jar returns to its proper spot, now filled with paint.

Posted on Wed Dec 01 09:31:58 UTC 2010

MariB wrote: From Spain
Someone know how to stop garden waterfall
Please!

It stops by using three rocks.

Posted on Wed Dec 01 21:21:34 UTC 2010

mimi2010

59 posts
GHBill wrote: Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments and questions. We understand your frustration and we regret any confusion over release dates.

Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White for Mac was released at GameHouse on November 3rd. The PC version of the game will be released at a future date. I don't yet have the exact date but I'll see what I can learn and will post an update here when I have more information.

Meanwhile we appreciate your patience in awaiting the PC version. And thanks for playing at GameHouse.

Bill

Hi Bill

This downloaded all right on my PC but it won't launch. It looks like it's going to but the screen goes black and goes back to the download screen. Is this because it's still not PC ready?
Such a pity because, like the others, I was really looking forward to playing this! smilie

Posted on Fri Dec 17 03:19:57 UTC 2010

mimi2010 wrote:

Hi Bill

This downloaded all right on my PC but it won't launch. It looks like it's going to but the screen goes black and goes back to the download screen. Is this because it's still not PC ready?
Such a pity because, like the others, I was really looking forward to playing this! smilie

I'm also having this same problem!!!!

Posted on Fri Dec 17 06:02:38 UTC 2010

kidds

35 posts
l down loaded the game and it will not launch eithier. l have windows 7 prof.

Posted on Fri Dec 17 06:17:45 UTC 2010

GAME FAILS TO LAUNCH
I am having the same problem as those just recently posted. The download is smooth, but when the game tries to open, the screen is black. No error message is triggered. Please fix this for us!

Posted on Fri Dec 17 09:01:31 UTC 2010

Like everyone else, I had difficulties launching the game after an uneventful download. If Gamehouse is going to lauch a game for Mac only first, they need to tell us PC owners before we get excited over playing what seems to be a good game besides just a little Mac symbol way below the "download" button. Right next to the button or right below would be nice, seeing how most people use PC's!

Posted on Fri Dec 17 11:11:46 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Today both the PC and Mac versions of Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White were released at GameHouse; both versions are available for download. The "Mac" symbol shown on the PC version's product page notes "Also available for:" to indicate that there is also a Mac version.

We've had a few reports from customers with either Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender installed on their PCs (desktop or laptop) that they were unable to launch the game until they turned off Windows Defender and/or disabled Microsoft Security Essentials. My own experience here at work did not produce the same result; I'm running Windows XP and have Windows Defender turned on and I was able to launch and play the game as expected.

If you have Microsoft Security Essentials and/or Windows Defender running on your PC you may wish to temporarily turn them off to see if you can play the game. We're interested to learn of your results. Just make sure that you turn those programs on again before you check email or surf the Web after you've finished playing the game.

Of course the GameHouse Customer Support team is ready to assist you as well. Feel free to call them on 1-866-831-5895 for troubleshooting help if you're still experiencing difficulty launching and playing this game. Any time you contact Customer Support it's very helpful for the Agents to have details of your computer's system configuration. Please follow the link below for more information on collecting and providing that information.

Providing System Information

Thank you for your patience and for playing at GameHouse.

Best regards,

Bill

Posted on Fri Dec 17 12:24:59 UTC 2010

kidds

35 posts
WHAT IS WINDOWS DEFENDER??????????

Posted on Fri Dec 17 15:41:37 UTC 2010

Hi 'kidds' -- Thank you for your question.

"Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer." (copied directly from the following web page)

Windows Defender Home Page

Hope that helps -- thanks for playing at GameHouse!

Bill

Posted on Fri Dec 17 16:49:26 UTC 2010

Update to my previous post (17 December @ 12:24:59 PST) about Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender:

Our Technical Team has advised that they were able to reproduce the black screen during game launch that has been reported above on a PC running Windows 7 Home and Microsoft Security Essentials.

However - once they updated the Virus and Spyware Definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials they were able to launch and play the game without issue. The current Virus Definitions and Spyware Definitions versions for Microsoft Security Essentials were reported as being versions 1.95.1960.0.

Customers with Microsoft Security Essentials installed...please ensure that your Virus and Spyware Definitions are updated to the current version and please try launching this game again.

NOTE: The information above is specific to Windows 7 Home and Microsoft Security Essentials. Other versions of Windows combined with other security software may produce different results. Also please note that the reports of Windows Defender being a contributing factor to failure to launch this game have not been reproduced by our Technical Team.

And remember that GameHouse Customer Support is just a call away if you need further assistance: 1-866-831-5895.

Thank you!

Bill

Posted on Fri Dec 17 17:03:39 UTC 2010