Strange flashing of screens

I downloaded this game, but when I tried to play it, it kept flashing back and forth between screens and the cursor jumped all over the place. I'm going to try uninstalling and starting over.

Posted on Tue Sep 03 22:43:58 UTC 2013

I'm having the same problem. Did the unistall work?

Posted on Wed Sep 04 01:37:57 UTC 2013

jnokomis

17 posts
Ditto, flashing screen completely unable to play. Anyone find a fix?

Posted on Wed Sep 04 03:37:20 UTC 2013

Screen went black when I tried to play. Couldn't even bring up task manager - had to do a hard shutdown. Uninstalled and tried again with same results. Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Oh well - looked like a fun game. Glad I tried before I bought.

Posted on Wed Sep 04 17:34:50 UTC 2013

Reinstall had same results.

Posted on Thu Sep 05 01:12:00 UTC 2013

If you open the config.ini file in the Safecracker home directory (the same directory with the Safecracker.exe file in it), change the line reading "bFullScreen=1" to "bFullScreen=0", and close and save the file, the program will open in windowed mode, which eliminated the flickering effect for me.

Hope that helps.

Posted on Fri Sep 06 00:16:43 UTC 2013

bootdog wrote: If you open the config.ini file in the Safecracker home directory (the same directory with the Safecracker.exe file in it), change the line reading "bFullScreen=1" to "bFullScreen=0", and close and save the file, the program will open in windowed mode, which eliminated the flickering effect for me.

Hope that helps.

That worked! Thanks!

Posted on Tue Oct 08 04:20:48 UTC 2013